Besides her family and her 2 cats, Ana’s 2 big passions are cooking and training. She start by studying Leisure Management and Touristic Animation at Estoril Higher Institute for Tourism and Hotel Studies, where she met and shared house with culinary arts students. There she fell in love with the subject.
After the degree, she worked on the event business for a couple of years, and finally in 2013 she decided to pursue her passion for cooking. She was Head Chef of the Yes! Lisbon Hostel, that won an award for Best Hostel in the World at the time. She decided she would never “leave the kitchen”, and understood she needed to learn more, taking the Culinary Arts course at Lisboa Tourism and Hotel Studies School. She interned at the Michelin-starred Fortaleza do Guincho restaurant, and then developed the menu and opened the kitchen of Café Nicolau. She also worked as Head Chef at the Padaria Portuguesa, one of the country’s largest independent food franchises. She also worked as a cooking trainer at the Portuguese Institute for Employment and Professional Studies, as well as in private workshops. Lisbon Cooking Academy is her own project. ♡
- Degree in Leisure Management and Touristic Animation – Estoril Higher Institute for Tourism and Hotel Studies
- Trainer Professional Ability Certification
- Head Chef Yes! Lisbon Hostel
- Culinary Arts Technological Specialization Course – Lisbon Tourism and Hotel Studies School in partnership with Ecole Hotelière de Lausanne
- Internship at Fortaleza do Guincho
- Head Chef at Café Nicolau
- Cooking trainer at Portuguese institute for employment and professional studies
- Head Chef at A Padaria Portuguesa
- Chef Instructor at Lisbon Tourism and Hotel Studies School.